14 concerts in 3 years

Sophomore makes music memories

14 concerts in 3 years

Malayna Stewart, Reporter

The lights go dim. The enormous venue erupts into screams as hundreds of fans watch the person they’ve been waiting to see for months walk onto the stage. So many emotions go through your body at this moment, but only one thing is on your mind. “I can’t believe this is actually happening.”

For sixteen-year-old Brenna Page, concerts are just a part of who she is. “Music is a big part of my life and I love being able to experience hearing the songs that I listen to daily,” Page said.

Brenna has been to 14 concerts since the age of 13, which is more than most people get to experience in a lifetime. From seeing artists like Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts all the way to 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction and The 1975, she says that each concert is different from the last.

“Melanie Martinez was my favorite to see by far,” Page said.

“My first concert was a One Direction concert when I was 13-years-old and I waited for it for about a year or so. The anticipation was crazy. When I finally got there it felt like the best moment of my life.”

But what about screaming fans and enormous crowds brings people like Brenna coming back for more? “There’s just a lot that goes on and everyone that goes there is there for the same purpose, so you’re around a lot of people who are like you. You’re experiencing things with the same group of people that kind of have the same mindset as you,” Page said.

Page has met some of her best friends at concerts. “Actually one of my all time best friends, her name is Mariele. I met her at my first One Direction concert, and we’ve been friends since that day, about three years ago.”

You even get to take back some great memories with you. “One time at another One Direction concert with my friend Mariele, it was toward the end of the concert during the last song and we tried to storm the stage and climb onstage and we got taken by security,” Page said while laughing. “I took away a good memory.”

For people like Brenna, concerts are more than concerts. They’re memories and great things to look back on in the future. “You kind of feel like it’s not real because you’re so used to seeing that person on a screen or listening to a voice through headphones and then you’re hearing it in real life in front of you. It’s kind of crazy. There’s been such a build up for that moment and it’s pretty awesome.”